Benefits of Geothermal Heating
At Vogel Heating and Cooling, we understand St. Louis’ frigid winters and sun-soaked summers can wreak havoc on your home or business’ energy bill and budget. Installing a geothermal heating system might be your best option to combat these excessive energy bills and create a more efficient way of heating or cooling your home or business.
What are the benefits?
- Use 25-50% less electricity than conventional heating and cooling systems
- Improve humidity control, especially in humid areas, by maintaining about 50% relative indoor humidity
- Provide excellent space conditioning to allow different parts of your home to be heated or cooled at different temperatures
- Heat pumps are expected to last 20 years or more
- No outside condensing units like air conditioners, so there’s no concern about noise outside your home
- Special financing and incentives are available to help offset the initial cost with approved credit.
- According to the EPA, it can reduce energy consumption and corresponding emissions up to 44% compared to air-source heat pumps and up to 72% compared with electric resistance heating with standard air conditioning equipment
- An ENERGY STAR certified geothermal heat pump is more than 45% more energy efficient than standard options
Geothermal heating products may be more expensive upfront, but the cost difference will be paid back through lower energy bills. The high cost up front is typically paid back within the first 5-7 years of ownership but varies based upon your local utility companies rates. To get an estimate on a geothermal system for your home please contact us at 314-351-2533 or by using this form.