We can be reached 24/7 by phone for emergencies or online at your convenience
When you decide to have a brand-new air conditioner installed or replace your home’s existing cooling system, you have two important decisions to make.
First, you should carefully consider the brand of your new equipment. This can make a huge difference in performance, longevity, and both upfront and ongoing costs.
Second, and perhaps most important, is the decision of who to choose for your air conditioning installation. No matter how good the equipment, an air conditioning installation that misses the mark by even a small percentage will have an exponentially negative effect on your system’s lifespan and efficiency.
Since 1946, Vogel Heating & Cooling has been the trusted choice for reliable and professional air conditioning installation in the St. Louis area. Our large team of highly skilled, expertly trained technicians has handled hundreds of thousands of installations—but we know that every project is unique. We will take the time to provide services customized to your exact specifications. We want to help you achieve your home comfort goals, and we’re ready to get the job done right the first time.
Replacement vs. Repair: Which Is Right for Your AC System?
Knowing when to replace your cooling system, versus schedule AC repairs, can be tricky. In fact, it’s one of the most common questions we get from our customers. While most minor issues—and some relatively major ones—can be adequately repaired by trained and experienced professionals, there are a few telltale signs that your air conditioner should be replaced.
The main factors we look for when determining whether to repair or replace an existing AC system include:
- Utility Costs: An increase in your utility bills could indicate that your cooling system is not as energy efficient as it could, and should, be. A newer model will likely save you money on your monthly bills and keep your home comfortable through the hottest season of the year.
- Age: Older equipment is more likely to have significant damage that goes beyond typical wear and tear. Depending on the type of equipment, most older AC systems should be replaced every 10 – 12 years. Newer systems can last for upwards of 15 – 20 years with regular maintenance.
- Repair Costs: If your existing AC has considerable damage, the cost of repairs may outweigh the cost of replacement. Additionally, replacing your old system with a new, energy-efficient AC could ultimately help you avoid future issues and repairs, saving you money in the long run.
- Performance: How well is your AC working? Are the temperature levels throughout your home fairly consistent, or are some rooms much hotter or cooler than others? Does your AC seem to break all the time? These and other performance issues could mean it’s time for a replacement.
- Unusual Noises or Odors: Strange sounds or smells coming from your air conditioner could indicate a serious problem. If the issue cannot be effectively repaired, it might be time to consider replacing your system altogether.
If you’re not sure whether you need AC repairs or complete system replacement, give Vogel Heating & Cooling a call! Our technicians can come out to your home for an onsite inspection and complimentary estimate on your new equipment.
“One of your technicians just completed a herculean task of cleaning the air ducts in our home! He did a wonderful job, was professional, and offered much helpful advice!” - Michael B.
“I can’t say enough praise for Vogel, thanks to all of you involved. The professionalism shown by all of you is a credit to your industry. Thank you! Vogel will be highly recommended to everyone I know.” - Margaret
“Just wanted to pass on to you the compliment that the inspector had for Vogel when he came to check on the work you did. He said once he knew Vogel had done it, he knew it would be perfect.” - Angie
Finding the right contractor for your AC installation can be challenging. However, it’s one of the most important decisions you can make when it comes to having a new system installed or an old system replaced.
At Vogel Heating & Cooling, we believe that there’s no substitute for experience. You want a contractor that knows how to properly install your new cooling system to avoid potential problems and future repairs. High-quality, professional installation can also improve the energy efficiency of your home, extend the lifespan of your AC equipment, and save you money every month on your utility bills.
Some of the many reasons to trust Vogel Heating & Cooling with your AC installation or replacement in St. Louis include:
- Greater Peace of Mind: Our installers are highly trained, certified, and licensed in St. Louis County. Each of our technicians has many years of experience, and all of them continue to take part in ongoing OSHA-certified safety training.
- The Experience to Handle It All: Our Home Comfort Consultants have vast experience and continuously receive specialized training, so they are experts at advising homeowners from the most basic HVAC installations to the most complex. When you schedule an air conditioning installation with us, you'll receive nothing less than the highest quality work.
- Complete Customization at Your Fingertips: Because we offer a range of customizable AC options, you'll be able to choose the air conditioning system that works best for your home. You'd be surprised to know how many options are available from each of our equipment suppliers. Our team can help you find the right solution for you and your family.
- Product Matching: We utilize our vast experience to handpick and precision-match the systems our Home Comfort Consultant present to you. We take great care matching the equipment we offer for your air conditioning installation so that you can enjoy the benefits the manufacturer intended. This selection process is all done by a committee, not in your living room by a “salesman.”
In short, when you choose Vogel Heating & Cooling for your air conditioning installation or replacement service, you get a team you can trust.