Geothermal systems are among the most efficient of all heating and cooling systems, making them an increasingly popular choice for home and business owners alike. These systems utilize subterranean pipes to transfer heat from the ground to the air inside your building and vice versa, making them an effective and energy-efficient source of both heating and cooling.
At Vogel Heating & Cooling, we provide top-quality commercial geothermal installation in St. Louis and the surrounding areas. If you have an existing geothermal system in need of service, we can also handle a variety of repairs, as well as full system replacement. Since 1946, we have prided ourselves on our commitment to exceptional workmanship, honest pricing, and complete customer satisfaction.
Commercial geothermal systems offer several important benefits, making them an attractive option for commercial properties of various types and sizes.
Some of the main advantages of having a commercial geothermal system include:
- Increased Energy Efficiency: Geothermal systems far outpace other types of HVAC systems when it comes to energy efficiency. In particular, Carrier’s line of geothermal heat pumps starts at an incredible 20 SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio), with the more efficient options ranging from 27 to as high as 31 SEER. In contrast to Carrier’s 21-SEER air-cooled heat pumps and air conditioners, the highest rating available in the industry, it’s easy to see that geothermal systems are unmatched in terms of energy efficiency.
- Little Maintenance Required: Geothermal systems require relatively very little maintenance compared to other types of commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. With geothermal systems, there is generally no need to check the ground loops, as they are not exposed to the elements. It is also uncommon—though not unheard of—for geothermal heat pumps to break. While some wear and tear can be expected, these systems typically work well with minimal maintenance for years.
- Longer Lifespan: Geothermal systems have a significantly longer typical lifespan than forced-air/cooled-air heating and air conditioning systems. Whereas a traditional HVAC system can be expected to have a lifespan of about 10 – 15 years, most commercial geothermal systems will last anywhere from 20 – 50 years, depending on usage, maintenance, and other factors. This means you’ll likely save money in the long run by not having to replace your heating and cooling system for a longer period of time.
- Lessened Risk of Breakdowns and Repairs: With fewer working parts and components than traditional heating and air conditioning systems, geothermal systems tend to experience fewer issues over time. While you may need minor repairs from time to time, the risk of dealing with major issues is less with a geothermal system than a cooled-air HVAC system. Additionally, because geothermal systems lack air ducts, separate furnaces and heat pumps, dampers, louvers, and fuel, maintaining these systems is relatively simple and straightforward.
- Greater Cost Savings: Perhaps one of the biggest benefits geothermal systems offer commercial property owners is the ongoing cost savings. Thanks to their incredible energy efficiency, geothermal systems help you spend less on utility costs each month. Additionally, the reduced risk of breakdowns and repairs, as well as the general lack of maintenance required, means that you’ll save on these costs for years to come.
If you’re considering having a new geothermal system installed at your commercial property, or if you need service on your existing system, reach out to our team at Vogel Heating & Cooling. For more than 75 years, we have helped business owners and commercial property owners throughout St. Louis with all their comfort needs. We can help you determine whether a geothermal system is right for your commercial property and ensure that you get the most out of your system, season after season.