Air Duct Cleaning
Why Should I Have My Air Ducts Cleaned?
Dirty ducts circulate dirty air! They can also provide a breeding ground for a variety of microbial growth such as mold and bacteria. The possibility of this scenario is increased in homes with pets, smokers and homes that have undergone remodel or home improvement projects. Even if you have none of these concerns, you may also want to consider duct cleaning when moving into a previously owned home, as the prior home owner may have! Why be left with someone else’s dirt?
Home Health and Air Duct Cleaning Facts:
- EPA claims indoor air has been found to be up to 70% more polluted than outdoor air (EPA)
- Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted indoor air (Dept of Consumer Affairs)
- A build up of .42 inches of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can result in a decrease in efficiency of 21% (EPA)
- Most commercially purchased fiberglass filters are only 7% efficient at stopping dirt, dust and pollen from through it. (ASHRAE)
- 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergist)
- Your home comfort system re-circulates the air within your home as many as 50 times a day, each time dragging the air you breathe through your air duct system!
So, the EPA claims the air in our homes is up to 70% more polluted than the air outside … Pretty scary claim! Lets look at why: Today’s modern homes are built much more air-tight than in days past for the sake of energy efficiency. Considering this fact and that most homeowners choose to forego the cost of proper indoor air quality equipment on their home comfort system; and that most rarely if ever clean their ductwork, it is no wonder the air in our homes becomes dirty over time.
It’s easy to see how having your ductwork professionally cleaned will eliminate the built-up dirt in your ventilation system and enhance the overall indoor air quality of your home.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
There’s a hidden danger spot in most homes today. In 2003 the Consumer Product Safety Commission reported that over 15,000 clothes dryer fires occur each year. These fires result in approximately 20 deaths, 370 injuries and over 75 million in property damage annually.
Thru normal operation your dryer vent fills with clothes lint that passes through the dryer’s filter and can result in over-heating of your dryer. Over time, this situation can cause failure of the high limit switch. Once this happens, your dryer can operate long enough to ignite this lint in the dryer vent and cause a house fire.
Dryer vent cleaning offers a simple solution to this potential hazard to your home and family. In addition to this safety issue a clean dryer vent will reduce drying times there by reducing the operation cost and extending the life of your equipment.
How It Works
Vogel will clean your ductwork with our patented RotoBrush ® duct cleaning machine.
If you are interested in having your ducts cleaned please call our main office at (314) 351-2533 and ask for details and pricing for this service in your home!
Air Duct Cleaning
The patented RotoBrush ® machine utilizes a specially designed rotating brush and scrubs all interior surfaces of your duct while a powerful vacuum removes the freshly loosed dirt, dust and debris in one pass. These contaminates are captured within the machine thru a series of Hepa Air Filters into a disposable bag. You will be amazed by the amount of debris removed from your system. Our technicians are still amazed!
- Evaporator Coil Cleaning
- This important step, which should only be performed by trained personnel, is integral to cleaning your duct system. In addition to enhancing your home’s health, it will increase the efficiency of your home comfort system, and save you money every month on your cooling bills!
- Anti – Microbial Treatment
- Upon the completion of the air duct cleaning an odorless mist can be applied through the return air registers. The treatment circulates through the air duct system to disinfect the ductwork and evaporative coil.
Consider this final thought… While you may be able to find someone cheaper and less experienced than Vogel to clean your duct system; would you hire an auto mechanic for electrical work in your home or a plumber for a new roof to save money? Why then hire a carpet cleaning company to service the heart of your home’s health; your home comfort system? Please contact the professionals at Vogel for this and all of your heating and cooling needs! (Sorry, we will not be able to provide a quotation on your carpet cleaning!)
Vogel can also provide home health solutions like Carrier’s electronic air cleaner, it’s patented infinity Air Purifier, or UV lights to make your home even more healthy! If you haven’t already, please click here to learn more about the added benefits of these products!