Humidifiers in St. Louis, MO
One of the primary functions of your air conditioner is that it removes humidity from your home during the summer months. Many people do not realize air conditioners provide this function even though the largest contributor to the cool feeling in your home is actually the reduced humidity from the outdoor elements. The exact opposite is true during the winter months which means that your home is not complete without a humidifier.
If you are considering a humidifier for your home comfort system, you're making a great decision. It is the most common indoor air quality (IAQ) product installed in homes today and has been since the inception of home forced air systems. Why? The reason is simple: No other IAQ accessory can provide as much comfort for such a low up front and operating cost.
Besides the lower costs associated with the installation of this system, people enjoy them for many other reasons.
- Humidifiers create moistened air, which feels warmer at the same temperature, holds heat longer, and reduces nasal dryness and discomfort that is common during winter months.
- There is less static electricity, creating a more comfortable environment for everyone in the household (family pets included).
- Humidification protects your valuable wood furniture from drying out.
Types of Humidifiers
Humidifiers are available in a few basic forms:
- Bypass Systems:
- These systems utilize the pressure differential in your furnace system to provide air flow through a moistened element to evaporate humidity into your home. This configuration requires no 120v wiring and is the most economical installation. Typical prices range from $400 to $600 for installation.
- Power Systems:
- These systems utilize a built in 120v fan to force air through a moistened element to evaporate humidity into your home. This configuration does require electrical wiring but also requires less space than its bypass counterpart. Typical prices range from $600 to $800 for installation.
Carrier Humidity Solutions
Carrier takes the humidity control of your home very seriously. Carrier’s buzz word for this control is IdealHumidity™. IdealHumidity™ controls integrate your humidifier and your air conditioning system to add humidity when you need it in the winter, and remove humidity in the summer. This feature integrated into Carrier’s exclusive Infinity™ control allows the homeowner to set the house at a warmer temperature in the summer and cooler in the winter. The human body doesn’t know the difference, but your pocket book will with reduced energy consumption for the same comfort level.