UV Light Sanitizer
HVAC Ultraviolet Light Can Reduce Allergies and Asthma
UV light systems can eliminate allergens from your HVAC unit while killing microscopic germs. Dust, dust mites, mold and mildew are all affluent in the St. Louis area. Luckily, you can control and reduce the amount of these allergens through the proper placement and installation of a UV light system, thus reducing the amount of sneezing, heavy breathing, itchy eyes and other allergy related symptoms.
7 Benefits of an HVAC UV Light
1. Increased Airflow
- When it comes to beating the St. Louis temperature fluctuations, keeping your home cool without putting excess strain on your air conditioning unit is extremely important. One way to keep airflow consistent throughout is utilizing a UV light.
2. Improved Efficiency
- Aside from debris and microscopic particles, airflow is also hindered by accumulated microorganisms on the HVAC coil. UV lights on your coil help destroy the microorganisms that inhibit smooth airflow. By also having UV lights on your air coils, you can reduce the power consumption of your HVAC unit.
3. Decreased Energy Costs
- Increased airflow and improved efficiency go hand-in-hand. Utilizing a UV light on your HVAC unit can significantly decrease your energy costs.
4. Kills Mold and Bacteria
- To no surprise, mold and bacteria can be extremely hazardous to your health and your loved one’s health. By utilizing the UV lights, you can significantly reduce these microorganisms and keep your system running efficiently.
5. Improve Indoor Air Quality and Reduce Allergens
- St. Louis is no stranger to delivering allergies during peak seasons. By utilizing a UV light on your HVAC system, you can reduce many of the common allergies within these categories: Tree pollens, Grass pollens, Weed pollens and Mold spores.
6. Remove VOC's
- VOC’s or Volatile Organic Compounds are all around us. This includes human-made and naturally occurring compounds. Short-term and long-term side effects can be present with VOCs. Some of these effects are as followed:
Short-Term Health Effects
- Headaches, nausea, vomiting, irritation of the eyes, nose and throat, dizziness, shortness of breath
- Central nervous system damage, kidney damage, liver damage, cancer
7. Reduce Clogging in the Condensate Drain Line
- Over time, your air conditioning unit will produce moisture. As moisture builds up, it can clog the condensate drain line. Using a UV light will help reduce the moisture, which in turn will help reduce your condensate drain line from clogging.